Monday 21 September 2015

Mini Book Monday, Currently 2015, 26 Weeks of Me


A look at my 2015 Currently album project. I got as far as week 26 and am calling it done :) Super photo-heavy post but I am proud of how this little book turned out and wanted to share. You can read a lot more about it below.





































The plan for my currently project came together from a combination of sources. I had been trying to keep up with Rukristin's #thursday3 project , a weekly challenge involving a selfie and 3 in-the-moment facts. Selfies are really really important to me as I'm trying my best to get back into dermatillomania recovery, and seeing my skin heal through regular selfies is helpful. On the flip-side, I like to be honest and show my bad skin days and my permanent scarring too. Raising awareness for trichotillomania and dermatillomania is super important to me and I refuse to hide my scars or feel like any less of a person because of them.

Another factor that influenced me has been Ali Edwards #craftthestory kits and stamps. I love Ali's approach to getting our everyday stories told. I subscribed to the story stamp kit for 11 months and used some of the stamps as journalling prompts in this album.

I originally started this project inside a 6x8 Studio Calico handbook album. I wanted to use more patterned paper, and to pre-build my album so it would be really fast and simple to complete each week. For this reason I chose to print my photos in greyscale. I did actually fill the entire 52 weeks worth of page protectors with filler pattern-paper and journal cards.

By week 26 it was clear that I had burnout! At this time I was starting to get into pretty planning/planner decoration, and I found the idea of 'naked pages', with more tactile, interactive elements, very appealing. At some point in August I made the decision to take the currently project apart completely. I re-configured the photos and journal cards into 6x4 pages, gluing and sewing them back to back for stability. Then I used a simple hole punch and binder ring system to make a happy chunky mini book :)

The velum cover and '2015' fly leaf were the cover page for the original 6x8 album, just cut down and punched to fit. I used a 6x6 paper pad from Studio Calico's Brighton Pier line for most of the filler cards. Number stamps are from an older Studio Calico stamp set. The acrylic 'Currently' on the cover is from the June SC Project Life kit. Acetate '2015' numbers are from the September 2014 SC Scrapbook kit.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.